A Message for the Clueless and the Chelation Naive.


I am so used to getting a blank, clueless stare when I talk to people about what I do, that I tend to just keep quiet. I have told doctors about it and asked if they wanted to hear more and have been told, no, they don’t. Mercury poisoning is largely iatrogenic, from dental fillings and vaccines, so understanding about it is profoundly disturbing. Nevertheless, there are loads of really sick people out there who are wandering around in the wasteland and need to hear this.


Here is information for the clueless and the chelation naïve. It is for you people who have been going from doctor to doctor and not getting any better, you who have medical files several inches thick. I hope you are on the cusp of having an open mind. I hope you have “ears to hear.” I call my website maybeitsmercury. Maybe your problem is mercury.


Mercury is an undiagnosed epidemic.

  • One reason mercury toxicity is undiagnosed is politics. The exposures are usually iatrogenic, so politicians, doctors and academics steer clear.

  • It causes hundreds of different symptoms and people get constellations of these with hugely different presentations. One person will have MS and the next bipolar disorder, for instance. It’s confusing for medical people.

  • It causes mental illness. People who are toxic range from eccentric to psychotic. It’s confusing for mental health practitioners.

  • It is difficult to test for. The mercury gets sequestered in various compartments in the body and quickly becomes unavailable for testing. We look for its footprint on hair tests. But even these are sometimes uninformative or hard to interpret.

Doctors don’t usually understand this chronic problem. They will send you for all kinds of tests which won’t show anything. You may wind up being told to see a psychiatrist. Naturopaths and other alternate practitioners know about it, but they learn inappropriate testing and detoxing methods in their schools.